Operations and Administration
The flow of Administration of this LCDA starts from the Chairman/Caretaker Chairman to the Head of Local Government Administration through the Director of Administration & Generals Services to the Entire Staffs’
Department of Administration & General Services
- Applying the local government staff regulation scheme of service, financial memoranda, circulars etc in treating specified subjects assigned to the local government
- Taking charge of specified subject with in a unit of a local government council.
- Supervising the work of a number of officers in all sections.
- Assisting in the cost estimates and tender documents for major projects to be undertaken either by contract or direct labour.
- Local government appoints personnel in GL 01- 06 prior to the approval of the local government service commission.
Department of Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Advising farmers and conducting simple demonstrations for them at village level.
- Performing the duties of a senior Agricultural field over seer at a higher level of responsibility
- Supervising and training Agricultural extension workers.
- Directing and co-ordinating the activities of the Agricultural super intendents and other extension service workers in the Local Government
- Liaison with state and federal agents in respect of state and federal Agricultural extension projects in the Local Government Area.
- Monitoring the Implementation of all Agricultural development programmes in the Local Government Area
Department of Finance and Supplies
- Taking charge of a number of junior officers who are required to carry out routine checks of accounts and records of other departments.
- Taking charge of revenue collection and accounting duties in an out station office.
- Co-ordinating and supervising the work of a number of officers working within the unit.
- Assisting in organizing, providing and consolidating the accounts of all departments of the Local Government.
- Taking charge of enforcement of a number of revenue areas in Local Government.
Department of Primary Health Care
- Supervising proper keeping of records of burial and all internments
- Responsible for the layout and management of public cemeteries.
- Dispensing prescribed drugs under the supervision of a pharmacist or superior pharmacy technician.
- Taking charge of primary health care dispensaries.
- Keeping proper record of primary health care drug
Department of Education & Social Services
- General supervision and assisting chief organizer in co- ordinating adult education in specified adult education activities in specified area.
- Leading inspection teams on inspection testing and evaluation exercise in primary schools to ensure high standard.
- Assisting in taking charge of a unit in the local government education system.
- Assisting in advising local government on adult education
- Supervising and co-ordinating community development programmes in a Local Government Area under the supervision of a community development inspector.
- Taking charge of press release on the activities of a ministry/department.
- Collecting data and assisting in writing and editing press release, pamphlets, posters and other Government publication.
- Taking charge of information, publicity and public relations matters in the local government.
- Collecting materials for general information and publicity.
- Preparing documentaries, features and press releases on political, economic, and cultural.
Department of Works & Housing
- Supervising and monitoring of projects under construction to ensure compliance with approved quality of materials.
- Monitoring and documenting all ongoing Local Government building projects.
- Taking part in the execution of maintenance and construction work.
- Carrying out building surveys on local government building and maintenance work required.
- Advising on the formulation, execution and review of policies and programmes on matters relating to the building projects
Department of Planning Research & Statistic
- Supervising and co- ordinating the works of a number of subordinate staff.
- Producing overall plans and cost estimate for programme works.
- Providing detailed plan for programming jobs.
- Supervising and co-ordinating the activities of the computing and unit record staff.
Preparing data processing equipment for budget
Department of Environmental Health Services
- Performing primary health care duties including preventives, community and environmental health duties in urban and rural areas.
- Inspecting and protecting water supplies including taking of water samples for chemical and bacteriological analysis.
- Inspecting factories for industrial health and food hygiene.
- Taking charge of environmental health activities in a local government area.
- Ensuring the general supervision of environmental sanitation in the wards.